Individual Objects were introduced by Salesforce for recording data privacy preferences for your customers. As part of the Spring ‘19 clearMDM release, we have introduced the ability to be able to reference these preferences within a Master record, based upon two factors; the Data Privacy Retention Policy and the Data Privacy Record Retention Date Field.
If you want to track and store certain data privacy preferences, you do so by following these steps:
- From setup, select Company Profile and Data Protection and privacy.
- Click Edit and select Make Data Protection Details Available in Records.
- Click on Save.
- Within the record page, edit the layout and add Individual to the page.
- Click on save.
Within clearMDM you can then specify which Individual Record should be retained by the Master Record, after the Matching and Merge jobs have been executed. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on the settings tab within clearMDM.
- Click on Target Objects and Edit the Target Object you are using.
- Within Merge settings there are two fields:
- Data Privacy Record Retention Policy – you have the choice of Newest, Oldest or Keep. Newest and Oldest retain the Individual record based upon the datetime field selected. Keep retains the Individual Record already created on the Master Record.
- Data Privacy Record Retention Date Field – you can choose from Birth Date, Created Date, Last Modified Date, Last Viewed Date or System Modstamp.
Once these settings have been set, when the matching and merging processes have run, the Master Record will have the Individual Record details retained, based upon the selection made.
Drop us a line at hello@clearMDM.com to find out more.